Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
Epsom Hospital, Special care baby unit (SCBU), First floor, Maternity wing, Dorking Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 7EG
01372 73 5735
Level 1 SCBU
• Number of inpatient beds: 6
• Number of bays: 1
• Other facilities: Parents sitting room nearby 1 rooming in room
• Wards Round: Every morning by registrar, 9am - 11am. Twice weekly by the consultant paediatrician.
• Visiting hours: Open visiting for parents. Grandparents and siblings can visit 3pm – 7.30pm.
• Max visitors per bed: 2
• Mobile phone policy: Mobile phones must be switched off and cannot be used.
• Other restrictions for visitors:
Brothers and sisters are the only children allowed to visit, but remain the sole responsibility of the parent. Apart from siblings, no person(s) under the age of 18 will be allowed entry into the unit.
From October to March, we apply a winter visiting policy: no children under the age of 18, including siblings, are allowed entry to the unit due to an increased risk of childhood infections.
No school uniforms to be worn please.
Matron Neonatal Service: Caroline Payne
Clinical Lead: Dr Clare Sturdy
Public Transport & Car Parks
Getting to Epsom Hospital
Travelling by bus
The following buses stop outside Epsom Hospital:
• E5: Langley Vale - Epsom - Watersedge
(departs approximately every half hour from Epsom Clock Tower. The service only runs past the hospital every two hours) - see the bus timetable
• 166: Epsom Hospital - Epsom - Banstead - West Croydon (hourly Monday to Saturday, no service on Sunday)
• 293: Epsom Hospital - Epsom - North Cheam - Morden (every 20 minutes peak)
• 408: Epsom - Ashtead - Leatherhead – Cobham (approximately every hour Monday to Friday) - see the bus timetable
• 479: Epsom - Ashtead - Leatherhead – Guildford (every 30 minutes peak)
To travel by bus from St Helier Hospital to Epsom Hospital, take the 157 bus from St Helier Hospital to Morden. From Morden you can take the 293 to Epsom Hospital. Alternatively, you can take the 80 or 280 from Rosehill roundabout to Sutton Station and then catch the 470 to Epsom town centre.
Travelling by rail
There are direct services to Epsom station from London Waterloo, London Victoria, Sutton, West Croydon and Dorking.
Epsom Hospital is a 15-20 minute walk or a short taxi or bus ride from the station. Bus numbers E5, 166 and 293 depart from Epsom High Street; numbers 408 and 479 from in front of the clock tower.
Travelling by car
Car parking spaces are limited at the hospital. If you do wish to come by car, take the A24 towards Leatherhead from Epsom town centre. The hospital is on your left, after half a mile.
Information about parking at our hospitals, including charges and concessions.
There is a dedicated parking area for motorbikes by the Woodcote Green Road entrance to the hospital.
There is no charge for motorbike parking and the area has locking posts.
A sheltered area for parking bicycles is located near the main entrance to the Derby suite, opposite the visitor car park (Dorking Road entrance).
Further bicycle parking stands can be found outside the main entrance to the Elective Orthopaedic Centre (EOC, formerly known as SWELOC), Denbies wing (Woodcote Green Road entrance).
Cycle routes around Epsom Hospital are covered in:
• Surrey County Council’s Cycle Guide No. 3
• Transport for London’s Cycle Guide No. 12